Smithers turned 100 this year and the Alfred Avenue band played on a brand new stage on main street to about 1000 people. Beautiful weather and live music every night in the downtown area. Ole Johnson, a great guitar player performer came up from Washington state with his son Gabe. We had many laughs and it was so good to see and play together again. Keyboard player, Colin Spence came up from Nelson B.C., Scott Atchison played mandolin and sang great as always, Richard Jenne on drums and percussion and Ian Olmstead played bass.There’s a couple pictures up on this website.
People and Places tour dates
- Sept, 20 Smithers – Della Herman theatre – tickets Mountain Eagle books
- Sept. 21 Prince Rupert – Art Rooney Theatre
- Oct.4 Burns Lake – Heritage building
- Oct. 5 Prince George – Art Space
- Oct .11 Vanderhoof – tba
- Nov.5 Vancouver, Bluebird North – Roundhouse Theatre